Thursday, May 26, 2011

Visible Desperado


IMG_0167, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Today is Brenden's last day of Kindergarten. Wow, that was fast! I'm sure it wasn't to him.

Last Saturday Brenden struck out his first at bat but his second he singled and drove in a run. Yay! He has his last game this Saturday.

On Sunday I finally was brave enough to let him help me with a plastic scale model (a ship) I got for my birthday. I had to glue all these little cannons to their little bases and I showed him how and he did a good job of using just a little glue. Then we painted another model (a train engine) I had bought specifically so he could help me.

Then we played search & rescue - he had a cap rifle, cap pistol with holster, and a cowboy bandanna. He asked me to put the bandanna around his face and after I did so, I told him he looked like a "real desperado". After trying to pronounce that for a bit he asked me what it meant. I said "a bad buy cowboy".

Since I didn't have a bandanna around my face he decided my name was "Visible Desperado" which tickled me to no end. He gave me the cap pistol and we searched the house room for room looking for his stuffed animals that the cats had scattered everywhere. These were "hostages" and we were "rescuing" them.

We're going to St. John again soon! Hooray!

3 comments:

Lisa Erin said...

HAH...kids... :)

Anonymous Me said...

Visible desperado - I love it!

Sounds like you two have a lot of fun together. :-)

Ileana said...

I love visible desperado too....great thinking Brenden....have a great time at St. John's whenever you go....and a great birthday Brenden.......-:)