Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Happy Birthday B!



IMG_0499, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

June 6 is Brenden's birthday. I would have blogged this yesterday but we were coming back from St. John and didn't get home until 11 pm.

So the boy is 6 now. Holy cow. He's going to be a surly teenager before I know it. *Sniff!*

Anyway, Photos and trip report soon come. I interrupt this irregularly scheduled blog post to tell people I am buying a pack of sharpies and declaring war on the improper usage of apostrophes.

APOSTROPHES DO NOT INDICATE PLURAL! THEY ARE USED TO SHOW POSESSION! And contractions, but STOP USING THEM TO MEAN PLURAL!! I DON'T (see that?) CARE IF YOU SPENT A THOUSAND BUCKS ON YOUR SIGN - I WILL SHARPIE THE FRACK OUT OF IT!

These are general rules of course - for a more complete list of rules go here.

Thank you, and back to Sandy's blog (see that?)

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Happy Birthday to Brenden! Wow, 6 already. Doesn't 6 seem way older than 5? And 8! Anthony will be 8 in August. It's shocking when I think about it.

What is good about other people's bad punctuation/capitalization/grammar habits is that it makes spam really easy to detect even when it comes from someone I think I know, like google or my bank or something. But there is no company that I do business with who can't afford to hire someone who can punctuate and spell and stuff.

Topcat said...

Anthony is 8? Wow, that is shocking. He'll be bugging you for the car keys tomorrow.

My elevation of my apostrophe pet peeve to postal event was caused by seeing it EVERYWHERE even on menus of expensive restaurants in the Virgin Islands. Ugh!