Friday, November 19, 2010

A tiny update


Magic at Castaway Cay, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I have 3 whole days off next week. The shocking thing is one day is a vacation day - I actually made it this far into the year with one vacation day intact!

I am deep-frying a turkey this year. Man they're tasty but kind of expensive. Especially since my deep fry thermometer is broken plus my frying kettle was used as an ash bin last year. Replacement stuff ran about $50. Then 3 gallons of peanut oil costs 50 - 80 bucks and I refuse to deep-fry with any other oil. So far my turkey has cost $120 and I haven't bought the turkey yet.

I really do have some interesting news to talk about, it's just not time yet.

I watched The Walking Dead again and got more zombie nightmares. I really, really hate my subconcious, the evil bastard.

6 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I'm very interested in the interesting news. Don't leave me hanging too long. :-)

Why is peanut oil the best oil to fry in? What's the difference from Crisco?

Alan Bowman said...

Peanut oil has a high "smoke point", meaning that it can go to a higher temperature without burning or breaking down. This makes it good for any kind of deep frying. It is also used quite a bit in Chinese cooking since it can handle the high heat of a wok.

And yeah, don't keep us waiting on the interesting news.

Anonymous Me said...

Thanks, Alan.

Topcat said...

Sorry I have to keep you all in suspense. It has to do with the drop zone - we have a very motivated potential buyer.

Also - I deep fried in canola once. Holy crap what a nasty smell! Peanut oil smell is much nicer. Neither is as wonderful as bacon grease, but I hate to think how much bacon I'd have to render so I could deep-fry a turkey.

Anonymous Me said...

You could just buy a tub of lard.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and a delicious turkey.

Teachers9 said...

keep-it up good job.
Please follow my blog