Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Obligatory non-Update Update


Waiting for the Elevator, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

What I'm watching / reading / playing:

I finally got into Caprica so naturally Syfy cancelled it. Dammit.

I love Fringe's bifurcated nature lately - if the opening graphics are red we get an alternate universe ep and if it's blue we get an ep set in our universe. I picked on Anna Torv last time I wrote about Fringe and I decided that was undeserved, because she is doing a good job of letting us know the difference between the two Olivias. They are two totally different people. Oh, yeah: hooray, Charlie! Even if it's alternacharlie. Don't kill this one, ok?

I am watching AMC's The Walking Dead and it gave me zombie nightmares. Meh. I may not watch any more.

Brandon Sanderson's continuation of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series finally came out on the Kindle and I ripped through it pretty fast. It's enjoyable because some things actually happened.

Stephen Donaldson's Against All Things Ending (3rd book in the Final Chronicles of Thomas Covenant) came out and I'm almost finished with it. Of all things it reminded me of Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof everyone was yak yak yak for a quarter of the book just yak yak yak! It was driving me insane. But finally something happened and it as ZOMG HOLY POOP so I can't complain.

Ok, Mr. R.R. Martin: it's your turn. Where the HELL is A Dance with Dragons?

Fallout:New Vegas Much fun, and just different enough from Fallout 3 to keep me interested. I'm amused that the Mojave desert is much prettier than Washington D.C. Well I guess that's true in reality anyway. I tailored my character to be a sniper type. It's FUN gratifying to knock off your opponents before they get close enough to hit you.

No comments: