Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bored Much (not the movie, the blog)


HTTYD feature, originally uploaded by HP PC.

My how the time flies. The deep-fried turkey was a semi-success. I fried it too long so it was a little tough. I did manage to not set the house on fire so I can't complain.

I also made a stuffing that was predominantly vegetables and it was NUMMY. So there was that. Both Jon and Brenden seemed far more interested in the Moose Tracks Ice cream I bought than the Thanksgiving meal.

We watched a movie later, How to Train your Dragon and it was really good! What a nice surprise - I was expecting another crappy Dreamworks animation bore but I ended up enjoying it an awful lot. I wouldn't be surprised if it competed with Toy Story 3 for Best Animated Movie for the Oscars for this year.

Speaking of animation, I don't think I mentioned I finally saw The Princess and the Frog. It was OK, except Disney (not Pixar, mind you) tried to cram every single damn Disney animated princess movie trope into the story. Some day I'll make a list but that might take me a long time. Which I don't have right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

I haven't seen HTTYD, but I did see Toy Story 3 two more times - I love that movie so much. It's a perfect story. Nice to hear a good report on HTTYD - we'll probably rent that one soon.