Tuesday, August 03, 2010

My little guy


IMG_6194, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I met Brenden's kindergarden teacher Sunday at a meeting at his new school. She seems nice - I hope Brenden likes her. The meeting was a parent orientation meeting and hopelessly boring. Maybe it's just being in a public school setting that makes my eyes glaze over. I hope I never let on to Brenden about my piss poor attitude towards school. I was bored shitless for 12 long years.

Don't confuse my bad attitude with my attitude towards learning. True knowledge and critical thinking are priceless. I learned how to teach myself (all my computer knowledge is self-taught) and I hope I can find a way to show Brenden how. Or maybe he will like sitting in a class 6-7 hours a day, who knows?

Bad attitude aside, after the meeting I got in the car and cried a little. Starting school is a major milestone and I already miss my little guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I sympathize. About everything. But you know, kindergarten is the very best grade in school and he's probably going to have a great time.

Ileana said...

Even though all your computer knowledge is self-taught...I truly believe you were able to do it because of your long/boring schooling....It takes a long time to be educated....
Hope Brenden has a great time at school...