Thursday, June 24, 2010

That's my Boy


IMG_5850, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

What I'm watching, What I'm going to See, Maybe

Movies have been a wasteland lately. I can't remember such a yawn-inducing summer.

We watched The Green Zone, a Matt Damon movie about the decided lack of WMDs in Iraq. It was ok. The thing that impressed me most about the movie was Brendan Gleeson's American accent. Oh, and Greg Kinnear could make a career out of playing dicks.

Jon's mom is coming for a week long visit today. I hope Jon and I can sneak away one day and watch a movie while she babysits Brenden - I'm thinking Toy Story III though maybe B can watch that one. I totally admit I want to see the A-Team, too.

I'll eventually end up watching Christopher Nolan's Inception. His Batman movies have been decent, but I still remember how mindbending Memento is.

I commented on Facebook about Bruce Willis' movie, Red, featuring Helen Mirren firing guns plus Willis and Karl Urban beating the shit out of each other. It comes out in October and I'll be there.

But Predators? Despicable Me? The Expendables? I can't decide if these will be must sees or avoid like the plague.

Other than that I can't work up any kind of enthusiasm for anything. The next Star Trek won't be out until 2012.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Toy Story III blew me away. It was every bit as good as the original for me, and full of good, emotional moments. The heroes were truly heroic. I've never seen a better depiction of heroism in any movie with live actors. I cried like a baby, but it didn't make me feel bad. Anthony loved it, too.

I really want to see Get Him To The Greek.

I hope you get to see a good one.