Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pool Party


IMG_5804, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I'd better update - the weekend before last Nancy, Mark, and Anthony came for a visit. It was good to see them again - I was happy that Nancy wasn't allergied out of the house by 3 cats. Matter of fact Zoe Mal Owen, the black and white kitty, charmed Nancy and purred into her ear for a long time. And Anthony enjoyed the pool! I inflicted an old MST3K on them - The Pod People - which is breathtakingly sucky.

We left Tuesday for a visit with my Dad and Ilu in Oklahoma. Holy crap was it hot! Nonetheless we had plenty to do including 4 wheeling, fishing, swimming in Sardis lake, and eating and more eating (thank you dad and Ilu!). We visited a ranch and Brenden got to pet some horses and colts. I avoided all horse contact.

I'm always amazed at the variety of animals in Oklahoma. We saw baby deer, turtles, frogs, the fish we yanked out of the water, wild turkeys, hawks, vultures, and some I'm forgetting. Oh yeah, bugs. A very kind neighbor of theirs brought Brenden a bag of goodies for his birthday that included a butterfly net and an insect cage so we bughunted and caught all sorts of bugs including some unintentionally. Boy I hate ticks.

I'm still recovering - I developed a cold 2 weeks ago and I'm still plagued by congestion, stuffy head and plugged ears. Photos soon come!

No comments: