Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sandy's Choice


IMG_3027, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Jon and Brenden traveled to South Carolina for Jon's brother's twin's christening. I stayed home and freed myself from the evil clutches of caffeine. I had to do it; I'm pretty sure caffeine is one of my triggers for migraines.

I'm pretty sure alcohol is one of my triggers, too. I couldn't bring myself to give up both of them, not at the same time, so I made what I thought would be an impossible choice - give up the beer of give up the coffee. May nobody reading this have to make such a horrible choice. It's not Sophie's Choice, but it's darn close.

It has been over 100 hours and I'm doing fine. I'm surprised; I'm sure I've been addicted to caffeine for the last 40 years. Maybe my body is just living of a large residual effect and I'm going to crash in 2010 sometime.

Jon and B had fun; Jon reports compared to other kids Brenden is an angel. *Heh!*

Speaking of angels our two new kitties are devil's spawn - especially Jayne. Now if you remember I picked out Zoe and B picked out Jayne. But Brenden prefers Zoe so now she's his kittie and I'm stuck with the cat they call Jayne.

3 comments:

Ileana said...

I don't get it...what is wrong with a "little" caffeine in the morning and then some wine to balance it out at night????
How can life be any other way????

Anonymous said...

Jayne! The hero of Canton!

Anonymous Me said...

That's a very hard choice. I drink coffee a lot more than I drink alcohol, but I enjoy alcohol more. I hope it's worth it!