Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Ignore this post and look at the fuzzy kittties


Snug and smug, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I'm tired today and desperately want coffee. I have not succumbed yet, however.

I'm sorry that XM and Sirius merged. I lost my favorite station, Fred, and 1st Wave is a poor substitute. The new stations all seem to have less variation. I try to listen to Lithium, for instance, the 90's station, but dammit, all they play is Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam. I know for a fact there were more than 3 popular bands from the 90's.

I'm listening to Octane as well. It's difficult for me to describe the music. Much of it is hard rock, I suppose, with some reminding me of what I would call progressive. Matter of fact I keep hearing music that reminds me strongly of old skool King Crimson, not that there's anything wrong with that. It keeps reminding me that I only have "Red" on CD. I need to get "Starless and Bible Black" and "In the Court of the Crimson King".

The band that reminds me strongest of King Crimson is Tool, only without all the frippery.

2 comments:

Helly said...

I feel your pain. I liked the XM stations a lot better - Fred, Lucy, Squizz...I listen to more Octane than anything but with all the ones that sorta appeal to me, it's usually only a matter of 4 songs before they play something so heinous I have to switch. Hate Pearl Jam. Hate Linkin Park. Not a fan of Depeche Mode. Those are favorites of Sirius.

Alan Bowman said...

I could generally leave Fred on all day while I was puttering around the house or sitting on the couch reading a book, and a few times an hour I'd think to myself - damn, haven't heard this song in years! With 1st Wave, it's more like - damn, I haven't heard this song since the last time they played it 3 hours ago! Luckily we have one of those iHome things so we can plug in our iPods and at least listen to some decent music once we get tired of the pap they play on Sirius.