Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Wheee!


Wheee!, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

My lips are a little numb right now. We just pulled the trigger on the Disney cruise we're taking next year and that was one interesting price tag!

I will not be live-blogging from the ship because I am not going to pay $15 a minute for computer time.

What I'm Watching:

I finally watched WALL-E all the way through, and I have to say it may rank up there with The Incredibles and the Toy Story movies in how much I love it. Where on the Pixar ranking list I can't say yet; I'll have to watch it a dozen more times first.

Extra bonus: even though it couldn't hold Brenden's attention in the movie theater, he sat and watched the entire thing with me on DVD! What a difference 6 months make. He kept saying "Where walle?" when the little robot wasn't on the screen and "oh no!" when something scary would happen to him. It was totally cute.

Jon took B to see the new Madagascar movie on Turkey Day but I wimped out. He did better but was still fidgety. Jon reported that the movie was "Meh", sort of like the first one. Pixar it ain't.

We also watched Get Smart, and enjoyed it. First it's always fun to see Alan Arkin, who played Maxwell Smart's boss, plus I think Steve Carrel is funny so there's that too. What really got me was one of the bad guys looked like Richard Kiel's clone (Think Jaws from the James Bond movies. THAT Richard Kiel)! It's worth a dvd rental for a good laugh or two.

1 comment:

Alan Bowman said...

I really liked WALL-E too. I agree, it is right up there with The Incredibles in terms of the story and the overall look and feel of the movie. Helly and I are probably going to take the plunge and get an HDTV for xmas, and I really want to see both of those movies on a really nice TV.

Didn't you and Mark and Nancy and I all go to see Toy Story at Phipps back when it first came out?