Sunday, December 07, 2008

Part 7:


Hard_Boiled, originally uploaded by a5ad0r.

40. Patrick Bateman - American Psycho (Christian Bale): Chris's disgusting, murderous, pathetic, asshole yuppie. Definitely he's memorable!

39. Marty McFly - Back to The Future (Micheal J. Fox): SLACKER! Hey, I agree with this choice.

38. Donnie Darko - Donnie Darko (Jake Gyllenhaal): Never seen it. I nominate any movie of Jake's where he wanders around nekkid. He should be nekkid in all of his movies! Was he nekkid in this one? If so, I'll put it on my Netflix queue asap but otherwise I'm not really motivated to give it a whirl.

37. Edward Scissorhands - Edward Scissorhands (Johnny Depp): One of two Depp characters on the list and if you think the gay pirate is one of the top ten, you won't be disappointed. I liked him better as the titular character in Ed Wood.

36. Harry Potter - Harry Potter 1-6 (Daniel Radcliffe): He's on the list just because this series is British. Is he really the most memorable character? Actually I think he is. I wonder if that's saying much? Before anyone sends me an exploding email, I would like to point out I've read the books and watched the movies numerous times. I'd put Ralph Fiennes as Voldermort here just because I can, but Ralph's most memorable role is the hot Nazi in Schindler's List. Hey, I just call it as I see it; don't blame me is Spielberg puts a hottie in a repulsive role!

35. Maximus Decimus Meridius - Gladiator (Russell Crowe): I like swords and sandals as much as the next shmoe, but again seriously: where is Kirk Douglas as Spartacus! I just realized through a Kevin Bacon train of thought which Kevin Spacey character should have made the list. See, Russel Crowe was (good) in L.A. Confidential, a favorite, but I really like Spacey's compromised but has a concience police detective in this gem.

34. Rocky Balboa - Rocky (Sylvester Stallone): He had to be on this list somewhere. Would you believe I have never seen a Rocky movie? I'm proud of that. I nominate the cop he played in Demolition Man as my favorite Stallone character.

33. Tequila - Hard Boiled (Chow Yun-Fat): Hooray! Remember my comment about only watching foreign movies where people get shot or killed by monsters/ninjas/kung-fu monks? Perfect example! Many many bad guys (and good guys!) get dead, dead, dead in this classic actioner. I love this movie, it's one of my top 10 favorites. If I recall correctly, this was the last movie John Woo shot in Hong Kong before he and Chow emigrated to Hollywood and it has the most Hollywood-like sensibility of all his HK films. It's still Hong Kong over-the-top, though. The last 45 minutes is a shoot-out in a hospital!

32. Jason Bourne - The Bourne Identity (Matt Damon): I'm quite happy to see Jason on this list. I love these movies. Love 'em! Have I told you that before?

31. Aragorn - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Viggo Mortensen): 3 characters from LoTR made it on the list. Gandalf and Gollum are the other two, and I can't argue with them. But Aragorn made it but not Samwise Gamgee? WTF? Sam MADE the movies!

No comments: