Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum


Diesel Cab, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Last Sunday we took Brenden to the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum in Calera, Alabama. We took the "Pumpkin Patch Express" which was a train ride to this little area near a vinyard that had some fun things for little people to do like get their faces painted, a big inflatable thing for them to jump on, and a hayride. We got to pick a pumpkin too. Brenden was all about the trains of course.

I think the museum in Chattanooga is the best one we've been to, but Brenden enjoyed himself the most at this one because he's just become old enough to really appreciate these trips. Last night he begged me "Brenden go choo choo?"

"You want to go on the choo-choo again?"

"Yeah!"

"OK, we'll go again, soon."

"Oh, thank you, mama, thank you!" And he wrapped his arms around me and gave my legs a big hug. So yeah, we'll be going again.

What I'm Watching:

Life is back, hooray! The ratings haven't been great though. That sucks. I have to admit the cases-of-the-weak are pretty ho-hum, but the characters and their interactions are fun and involving. The scenery ain't bad, either.

Fringe I'm liking this X-Filesy show, and so are a lot of other people. Good!

Feasting on Waves is over, and that's too bad. The show wrapped up in the British Virgin Islands, with Alton Brown closing the show with a meandering but truthful monologue about the difference between good food and great food (He decided it was love - food lovingly made, especially for family, and lovingly eaten). Translation: if you want great food, stay away from the fancy-pants mango chutney restaurants and eat local.

Children of Men: Science Fiction dystopian story about a world where all of a sudden everyone is sterile. 18 years have passed and the world has gone to hell in a handbasket because no one can have babies. Really: the idea is there's no future so everybody lives with despair. I won't say more, I thought it was a fantastic movie and I think anyone who is a parent will be able to empathize with the main characters.

Knocked Up: Better than I thought it would be, although I'm getting tired of Seth Rogan.

No comments: