Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dr Evil and Mini-Me


Dr Evil and Mini-Me, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I went to see my allergist the always-cool Dr. Krishna on Tuesday for a routine visit and I complained to him about reoccuring sinus headaches, mainly because I was experiencing one right at that moment. He listened to my symptoms, and told me to see my general practicioner because he thought the headaches didn't sound sinus-related.

My GP listened to my symptoms: the headache is always on the left side of my face and feels like its behind my eye ( also at my temple and around my teeth), it always occurs when the weather changes, and lasts for three days. Oh yeah - it's hard for me to work because looking at a computer screen is painful and I can't stand loud noises. I can't stand them anyway but it really drives me batshit insane when I have one of these headaches.

Those of you reading who experience migraines are probably laughing, because those are all classic migraine symptoms.

So my GP gave me some sample meds to try - I'm supposed to take them at the first sign of one of these headaches. I'm also going to keep a diary of when these headaches happen to see if there are other triggers other than the weather.

Doc asked me on a scale of 1 to 10 of the pain, and I'd put it at a 7. A 10, btw, is what I experienced when I had my C-section and I tried to sit up in bed and my weight shifted and I was pulled upright. The pain was so bad I nearly blacked out and was close to puking.

If I'm right about the weather being the trigger, these puppies will be easy to predict, however. Jon won't be able to bitch at me anymore for watching the weather channel all the time.

1 comment:

Ileana said...

They have these sound control headphones....Bose is supposed to be the best and super expensive. When I went to Hong Kong Jon bought me a cheaper pair at Best Buy in New York...they were wonderful....I gave them to Andrew for his trip to South Korea....and he loved them...I will find out what brand they were....but then again the Bose should be on your Christmas List.....they are on mine....Take care....):):