Friday, September 26, 2008

Nada


zilch, originally uploaded by duncan.

Jon and I went to the bank, then went to FedEx and we just next day aired our last mortgage payment to Chase.

So the number you see in the photo is the amount of personal debt we have.

Yes, I'm gloating. And I'm also feeling the loss of the weight of debt. I have owed money one way or the other since I was dumbass enough to apply for a MasterCard in college.

In all honesty the business loans are not separate so there's still that obligation. But, if the business decided to close yesterday we have enough assets that even at fire sale prices we could call it even.

*Whew*.

4 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Helly said...

How terrific for you!!! I am envious. Once we combined our finances I went on a bill-paying juggernaut and thought I'd done well at getting both cars, a credit card and a student loan retired. Well done you, for getting rid of an ENTIRE MORTGAGE!!! YAY SANDY!!!

basil said...

Wow! Congrats.

Topcat said...

Thanks, Guys!

And Helly: you're doing it right. Jon and I got rid of our credit cards and car loans. It just took a lot longer to get rid of the student loans and then the airplane loan. I never thought to tackle the mortgage so hard but we managed to pay off the plane, then sell it to the business and put all that on the house. All of a sudden the end was in sight! It only took us 9 years...