Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2 Seconds of Quiet


2 seconds of quiet, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Brenden spent Saturday night and Sunday morning puking. We believe it was food poisoning - he couldn't hold anything down and we had to give him water a teaspoon at a time for a while. He was better Monday - I could tell because he begged me to take him to McDonald's and he demolished his Happy Meal, ate a quarter of my Big Mac, and then demanded that I get him a hamburger, which he polished off, too.

Jon and I watched Hitman Sunday night. I wish we had done something more interesting but a totally bald Timothy Olyphant held me in thrall - he's a good actor who doesn't get much work but he shouldn't be so misused! Maybe he had a house payment overdue or something. He can play everything from weedy, psychopathic scumbags (Go and Live Free or Die Hard come to mind) or intense, self-righteous sheriffs (the enormously great and sorely missed Deadwood). But I spent this movie thinking to myself - "Dude, you're BALD! Where's your HAIR?" while poor Timothy was trying to inject some life into this crappy movie based on a video game. Meanwhile, Jon was obsessing over the truly hideous costume design. I'm being sincere when I say it made The Fifth Element's costumes look conservative and tasteful. Other than that, there was some nice blood spatter but that's about it.

1 comment:

Helly said...

Poor Brenden. I wonder what's up with the food poisoning. Alan and I had it last week and I've talked to 3 other people, business contacts spread through various areas, who have had bouts lately. It must be a communist plot.