Monday, October 20, 2008

Choo Choo Yeah!


Choo choo yeah!, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

What I'm Watching:

Jon was out jumping off bridges and Brenden was a little sick and whiny (rash, congestion, low fever etc) this weekend so I didn't do much but catch up on my TV shows. Brenden was fine this morning. When I wasn't watching TV he was watching Thomas the Tank Engine and asking me if we could go on a train ride.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles: FOX has given the go-ahead for a full season. YES!! I had a few eps to catch up on and I'm glad they gave a very plausible reason for Cameron the Terminator to look and occasionally act like a teenaged girl (she, I mean it, was modelled after someone John knew. Will know).

Life: I'm still holding my breath for NBC to give this show a full season. The ratings aren't good but then again most NBC shows across the board have bad ratings and 10pm on Fridays is just the suckiest sucky timeslot ever. Come on, NBC, I need my weekly dose of redhead!

Speaking of, the History Channel was nice to me and had a Band of Brothers marathon this weekend and I managed to watch 9 out of 10 eps. I still marvel at what WWII veterans, especially the airborne, went through - not just D-Day but then the total funparks that were Operation Market Garden and Bastogne. I am almost finished with The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich which is a unique book in that it wasn't written by a historian but a journalist who spent most of his time in Germany while Hitler came to power. I guess that's pretty common-place now but I believe the author (William Shirer) paved the way for journalists to chronicle history.

Adolph Hitler wasn't a military genius nor even a great politician; he was a total bullshit artist that people were willing to believe simply because they wanted his shit to be true. Not just Germans who were smarting about the outcome of WWI but the European powers that bent over for Hitler because they wanted to avoid another war. Seriously, if I had that time machine to go back into history, it wouldn't be to kill Hitler, but to knock some freaking sense into the French and English who not only went on their knees for Hitler, but they held down his other victims like Austria and Czechoslovakia when he had them annexed (to continue the anal rape analogy. Speaking of, did you see South Park with the shot-for-shot remake of the love scene from Deliverance?). Ugh. All I'm saying is if someone had stood up to that nutbag a little earlier many many boatloads of soldiers (including my grandfather) wouldn't have had to die.

Along with a little Fringe and C.S.I I caught up with my T.V habits. I didn't watch any movies but I did squee and chortle like the geeky fangirl I can be when I saw those stills from the new Star Trek movie. Miniskirts, go-go boots, and pointy sideburns are intact! If Karl Urban doesn't get to say "DAMMIT, JIM!" at least once, I will be sorely disappointed.

No comments: