Wednesday, September 17, 2008

County Fair


08, originally uploaded by Mike to the D.

We took Brenden to the Cullman County fair last night. He was in Valhalla, of course. The three of us did a few rides together but I was surprised at how many rides were aimed at little people his age. He went, all by himself, on a mini-rollercoaster called the Dragon Wagon, and several variations of a merry-go-round (including a real merry-go-round). He and I went on one of those that spins you around while spinning your seat around (a scrambler?) and he loved it! No puking incidents.

Overall his behavior was great with only a few incidents of innattentionitis. He of course had to be carried out crying once we ran out of money, but still it wasn't a complete meltdown and once we got to the car he resigned to going home.

He did talk me into stopping so he could have some chocolate milk, and I finally got to try a diet Sierra Mist. I love Sierra Mist and am on the hunt for a diet anything that I actually can stomach. The SM diet stuff is pretty tolerable!

When we put him to bed, he got out again and asked me to come back in his room ("Momma, come here please!")

I did and sat down on his bed and he climbed in my lap and hugged me. After a while (like I'm going to stop him from doing that) he pulled away and said "Truck Broken".

I had busted a tail light by misjudging backing up and hit the company van. Whoopsie.

I said, "Yes, but daddy fixed it today, remember?"

He poked a finger in my chest and said "Truck broken! Mama broken Truck!!"

I laughed, agreed that mama broken truck, and tucked him in. He's so much fun right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

That's a cute story. :-) Anthony has been asking to visit you guys again.

DrL/K said...

That is a beautiful picture of the ferris wheel! Gotta love the Alabama county fairs :)

Topcat said...

Hey Nancy: We owe you guys a visit!
And I have to admit I grabbed that photo from someone's Flickr album after I went and forgot the camera at home.