Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Adding the Oatmeal


Adding the oatmeal, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Short Bites

Dad and Ilu stopped by on Saturday on their way to Oklahoma - dad looks great; he's dieting and has lost a lot of weight he put on as a result of chemo. Brenden remembered them from our visit last May. I showed him a pic of him and Ilu making oatmeal cookies together and he pointed at her and said "Beebop!" (That's their nickname for B).

I'm going to close the pool in a couple of weeks. It's been a cooler summer than normal and it's just getting too chilly. Brenden doesn't want to swim as much as he used to.

Brenden's speech has improved in leaps and bounds in the past month. We went shopping last weekend and he was pointing out to me where he gets his hair cut, his preschool, and of course McDonald's and Burger King. The point is I understood what he was saying.

What I'm Watching:

The Sarah Connor Chronicles is back, hooray! Kinda weak start back from the awesome FBI dead pool cliffhanger from last season but so what.

Lost won't start back until next year, boo, but in the meantime I'm giving Fringe a try (J.J. Abrams created both shows). It's kind of X-Filesy. The pilot ranged from so-so to pretty interesting so I'll stick around for a while. Besides, the obligatory mad scientist character is a protagonist so that's something in its favor.

Feasting on Waves Alton Brown's new 4-part series on the Food Network: he's sailing from island to island in the Caribbean and investigating local cuisine. I am so impressed that he managed to wrangle a paid vacation in such a manner! Like I am, he's totally fascinated /stymied by the fact that so much of the fish served in caribbean dishes is dried, salted cod, usually imported from Canada.

I have 2 weeks to go for new episodes of Life, hooray! I have to wait until January for the last Battlestar Galactica eps. Boo!

Without a Paddle Totally sophomoric comedy starring (get this) Seth Greene, Dax Sheppard, and Mathew Lillard. About as stupid as you would think, but it was funny! And it got the taste of 28 Weeks Later out of my brain.

No comments: