Thursday, April 24, 2008

Everything you want, in the worst possible way.


Galactica Cast 2, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

There's only a vague spoiler below:

Jacob of TWoP wrote those words about Battlestar Galactica - "everything you want in the worst possible way". I've reflected often on this curse, because it comes true OFTEN for us the audience, as well as the characters.

(My favorite silly instance of this curse was when we got to see Lee in a towel in Why We Fight. All the fangirls were begging "More Apollo in a towel, please!!!!" So what does Ron Moore do? We get Lee in a towel during his "distressed at Kara so I'm going to eat everything in site" phase. Aagh! My eyes!)

I mentioned to Nancy this show makes me cry at least once a month and it has set a record by making me cry for the first 3 episodes. The last ep I saw ("The Ties that Bind") made me cry for a character who I was looking forward to watching die. This character's death left me feeling horrible! Everything I want, in the worst possible way.

This character did some stupid, stupid things and got everything dreamed of (in the worst possible way). What a screechy, annoying asshole and right now I am so haunted by this character's end. That was no way to live and that was no way to die.

I'm so scared for everyone on this show I almost don't want to watch.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

My eyes are still bleeding from the Apollo towel scene. Good god.

I found Stuart Johnson on Facebook. He says hi, and I referred him to your blog.