Monday, March 24, 2008

Hot Dog by the Pond


Hot dog by the pond, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I love this photo. By the way, Brenden gets very shirty with me if I try to cut up his hot dogs. He eats the dog and then he'll eat the bun if he feels like it.

Hope every one had a chocalatey Easter. I hid a dozen plastic eggs filled with Sweetart jelly beans and Dove chocolate eggs while B slept. When he got up I decided not to prompt him but to see what he would do if he found them. The first two that he stumbled upon didn't have much impact other than delight him from the candy aspect. After he found the third one you could see something click in his face as he started deliberately searching everywhere. I wish it had been warmer outside because a sugar-fueled Brenden is a dangerous weapon when unleashed indoors.

We didn't go to the Easter egg hunt that we had gone to last year because I was extremely sore from yardwork I did on Saturday. Mostly it involved pulling up the horrid plastic edging, and digging trenches in preparation for laying brick edging to replace it. My hands were cramping so bad Saturday night I could barely open or close Brenden's sippy cups. What did I watch? Nothing of consequence. I watched some pre-season baseball and I must say I am happy to see Tom Glavine back in a Brave's uniform. So are a lot of Mets fans, I'll bet.

No comments: