Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How to Annoy Me


bigshoes, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

How to Annoy Me

I am usually a pretty calm person. But we had an incident at dinner last night that caused me to curse like a sailor and experience flashbacks to my childhood.

We had gone to Lowe's to buy some more supplies for my front yard project and got back home pretty late. We stopped by a Chinese restaraunt and got some take-out. While getting B's food in front of him I noticed Jon had taken NOTHING BUT MEAT from the Kung Pao chicken, meaning that what was left over was almost COMPLETELY VEGETABLES!

This incident is what caused my flashback. My sister would habitually pour herself a bowl of Lucky Charms, eat the marshmallows, then PUT THE CEREAL BACK IN THE BOX!

Don't you understand? The ratio of cereal to marshmallows was too high!

In Jon's defense, I had already gotten my plateful and had no plans to get more. He doesn't like vegetables unless they are cut small (that's one of his peeves), so I shouldn't really have cared. But don't you see, if he had simply taken a serving of Kung Pao chicken then shoved the veggies aside on the plate that would have been fine. But by simply taking chicken and leaving the rest the ratio of vegetables to meat was TOO HIGH!

4 comments:

Helly said...

Oh, how you'd hate me! I blame it on so many years of living alone and being able to do exactly what I pleased, but I pick out the pecans from cans of mixed nuts, the actual Chex from Chex mix (leaving the breadsticks, pretzels and assorted weirdness) and...oh, what else? I'm sure Alan has a long, irritating list. In my defense, however, I generally try to buy (for example) two bags of Chex mix, one for him that I don't touch and one that I can pick through.

Topcat said...

AARGH! But hey if you were living alone I guess that's ok. Would you believe my brother IM'd me and totally copped to stealing the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms as well? Apparently it was a conspiracy against me.

Anonymous Me said...

One time? In college? I knew this girl who was a little . . . unbalanced . . . at times. Her roommate had a birthday, someone made her a cake, and she brought it back to their dorm room. And left it, with unbalanced girl. When birthday girl came back, all the icing had been scraped off the cake and eaten. Talk about messing up a ratio.

Topcat said...

Eee, Nancy that's horrible! There was a South Park episode where Cartman ate all the skin off a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken while Stan, Kyle, and Kenny were distracted. That was one of the most evil acts Cartman perpetrated. Eating the icing off the cake is about as evil, in my book.