Monday, February 11, 2008

BLEH


bleh, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Short bits:

Yes, the Christmas tree is finally down.

Brenden has a set of foam letters he plays with when he's taking a bath. Last night Jon mixed them all up and stuck them on the wall next to the bathtub, and asked Brenden to find letters, starting with "A". "Can you find the A, Brenden? Where's the A?". As Brenden would pull a letter off the wall, Jon would sit the letter upright on the rim of the tub. B had a few misses, but he only needed real help with like 5 or 6 letters. Maybe I'm dreaming, but maybe Brenden is going to be a reader, like me! Oh, I hope. I have so many books I think he'd love.

Our DVD player bought the farm. Which means we need to buy a new one! Since we have an HD TV we should get one of them new-fangled Hi Def players. It looks like Blu-Ray is the winner in the format wars, but I'm still scared of buying the Betamax 8-track player.

I just deleted 5 paragraphs of boring politics.

Lost is back, and so far Ben has been beaten up 3 times in 2 episodes. Jon wants the losties to just kill him already, but I'd like to see more Ben abuse before he's disposed of, preferably by feeding him bit-by-bit to a polar bear.

American Idol is back as well, unfortunately. The audition weeks are always train wrecks and after the choices are narrowed down to 24 it gets really boring, but I kind of like the Hollywood week where they take the people who made the auditions and put them through the meat grinder. Unfortunately the producers narrowed down the amount of episodes dedicated to this process the last couple of seasons.

I saw half of Pathfinder and despite the general critical dislike I am enjoying it. Once I see the rest of it I'll comment more but it's always nice to see Clancy Brown doing something other than cartoon voices (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

No comments: