Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"Mama, are you?"


smile3, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

What I'm Watching
The Farmer Astronaut Or was that the Astronaut Farmer? Anyways, plot is family man, ex-aerospace engineer, designs and builds his own rocketship and meets a lot of resistance. Awfully contrived. I mean, did the screenwriter ever hear of Burt Rutan? Do some research!

Letter to Brenden Month 33
Whoo boy you won't shut up! I love it (mostly)! You have fully engaged your imagination gears (and if you inherited my imagination you're in for a lot of fun), and I enjoy watching you play with your trains while you narrate the action "Ono, homa wook ou!" (oh no, Thomas, Look out!) then you crash your trains together. I really enjoy it when you narrate a Spongebob episode to me:

"Wook mama Bobob go!" (Look, mother; Spongebob is running!)
"Bobob patree wheee!" (Spongebob and Patrick are sliding down a rope!)
"Bobob ow ow ow! Foo foo foo" (Spongebob and Patrick have rope burns on their hands! {blows on hands})

I also am amused (sometimes) when you get up at one in the morning and say "Mama, are you? Mama, are you?" It's much nicer than your old yowling (not that you don't do that, especially when I say "It's one in the morning! Get back to bed!") Everything is also "Yes, mama" or "No mama" when I ask you questions. That;s nice.

The "Mama, Joos!" then winging your sippy-cup at my face has got to stop there, bud. At least say "please"!

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Wow, he's probing at the very nature of existence. Or at least yours. :-) His talking sounds so cute!

Topcat said...

Lol! Next time he does it I'll tell him "I change your stinky diapers, therefore I AM!"

It's very cute. I forgot to mention he says "No way!" every 5th or 6th sentence.