Thursday, December 27, 2007

B Loves Oranges


orangesmile, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Well I hope everyone's Christmas was better than ours!

It started out ok; we were going to fly to Athens last Saturday to visit with Nancy and her family before flying to Greensboro to have Christmas on Sunday with my mom. The weather sucked and we got a late start on driving because a good friend's dad ended up in the hospital and Jon went to lend some support early in the morning.

Se we got to Nancy's about 2:30 and we had a great time there. I'm glad Anthony likes his video game. I hope Nancy doesn't show up at my doorstep in 12 - 14 years with murder in her eyes because Anthony weighs 350 pounds and spends 18 hours a day online playing World of Warcraft.

So after a fun but too short visit, we piled in the van and drove to mom's in the rain relying on Jon's new tomtom's wierd directions. Despite said wierdness it led us straight to her door.

Then Christmas on Sunday was fun at first - I busted my ass this year trying to find everyone gifts. I tried to be thoughtful and I think I succeeded, so it was great to see everyone enjoy what we gave them.

But Sunday afternoon Brenden awoke from his nap in a terrible grouchy mood. That night after a particularly bad case of tears from him I heard his stomach rumble, and before I had a chance to get out of the way he puked.

We managed to drive home Monday and he ate a few crackers. But as the day wore on he had a fever that wouldn't stay down, and more and more he refused to drink anything. He wouldn't even swallow his spit his throat was so sore.

We tried to call the pediatrician but she never returned our page. Finally at about 8 I told Jon we had to get B to the emergency room.
To make a long story short, he tested positive for strep throat. One painful antibiotic shot later we drove home around midnight.

So Christmas morning was subdued, but Brenden started feeling better and was happy to rip open more toys. It's been a rough few days but B is feeling much better. I'm sorry I took no photos of Christmas I was just too exhausted to care.

I have more to blog about, including my nifty kewl new computer I got for Christmas, but I'll save that for later. Brenden is over at the babysitter's running around with 3 other kids. I no longer regret as much having someone else watch him as much because he loves playing with other kids. In the meantime I have coffee to drink, cinnamon rolls to eat, and BioShock to play. W00T!

No comments: