Monday, November 19, 2007

Gunnery Sgt. Ermey's Inspirational Quote of the Week


R. Lee Ermey, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

You little scumbag! I got your name, I got your ass! You will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers, I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best unfuck yourself or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!

Leave it to me to carry a joke too long. Anyways, I was in total awe of Lee Ermey during Full Metal Jacket. I have heard everything he said before, just not all in one place. Kubrick made a mistake, I think, by having him in the movie because the rest of the movie is meh after the basic training section. This also is the movie that introduced us to Vincent Donofrio, who is as wierd as Ermey is scary/funny. The only good thing about the 2nd half of the movie is Adam Baldwin, who is not one of the Baldwin brothers. Thank goodness.

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

I don't think I've ever seen it. Hmm. There are some pretty amusing website dedicated to Mr. Ermey.

Topcat said...

Ultimately I have never really liked anything Kubrick ever did, except "Spartacus". If you are curious, rent it but shut it off after the 1st half. Unless you like Adam Baldwin, but he's not in it enough to justify viewing the whole thing. Oh! you also get to learn where the phrase "Me love you long time!" came from if you watch it all.