Monday, November 19, 2007

"Oh, Man!!"


jammieboy2, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Check out the cute jammies. You'll never see him in a one-piece set of jammies again because he officially hates them. Not too long after this picture he did his best to wiggle out of them and I put him in a tee-shirt. He much prefers the two-piece flannel jammies that button in front. He owns two pairs and would have many more if I could find them. Ileana found him a pair but had to do some serious hunting.

Brenden is in the full swing of the terrible twos. His range of behavior this weekend included spitting at me when I put him in time-out (I whaled the tar out of him - there's some things that get no second chances), and kissing my band-aided thumb because he saw that I had a boo-boo.

He first called it a poo-poo so I worked with him for a while on discriminating between a 'b' and a 'p', which are the same sounds but one is voiced and the other isn't.

His newest saying is "Oh, man!" which is of course hilarious to hear him say. He got that from Dora the Explorer which has a thieving character named Swiper the fox who says that when his plans are foiled. Which is exactly when Brenden says it. "Night-night time, B!" "Oh, man!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whaled the tar out of him means I patted his butt a little till I felt bad.. Wait, did I say that out loud?