Monday, November 12, 2007

Gunnery Sgt. Ermey's Inspirational Quote of the Week


R. Lee Ermey, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

"[Y]ou unorganized, grab-asstic bucket of civilian garbage! Drop and give me twenty!"

Ileana is staying at our house right now. Brenden thinks she's the bees knees because she'll get on the floor and play with him. We took him to Target Sunday for some shopping - I stocked up on some things like toilet paper, diapers, laundry detergent, etc. so that we wouldn't have to worry about running out while I'm recuperating. Brenden grabbed the shopping cart from me and insisted on pushing it around the store. He actually pushed it around until we got to the toddler clothes and he started grabbing things and throwing them in the cart. I kept saying "no, honey, this is for girls" or "no, this isn't your size" but eventually we settled on this cute pirate tee-shirt and a Lightning McQueen bathrobe. Brenden has swung into the "NO I DO IT!" phase of toddlerhood. He even managed to put on his own pants a couple of times this weekend.

Ilu will either stay for the operation or she will leave Tuesday morning, depending on when I will be scheduled. Jon and I have an appointment this afternoon where we will gather some more details about what's going to happen. Tuesday afternoon I'm scheduled for a consultation with the plastic surgeon for the reconstruction phase of the operation. What fun. Stay tuned...

No comments: