Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Tantrum Boy


Tantrum Boy, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Here's something you might need to know should you be or ever plan to be a parent: Never *ever* give your already-hyper toddler a Diet Coke. That's all I have to say about that.

Random memory from College:

I remembered this today and I don't know why: One day the two women who lived next door to me and my roommate came to talk to us. They looked fairly indignant and in retrospect, I don't blame them. Apparently one weekend I had crashed at a friend's house and had neglected to turn off my alarm in the dorm room so it woke them up on an early Sunday morning. As one of the roomies said "we had to go get an RA to open your room to get it turned off!"

Of course I apologized and promised it wouldn't happen again - it was thoughtless and embarrasing but it wasn't enough for them. One weekend when I did sleep in my dorm room they did the same thing to me. I was woken up by their alarm (they must have pushed it next to the separating wall), and after a while when it wasn't shut off I knew what was going on.

I'm not as stupid as they were, however. I knew where the circuit breakers were. I flipped breakers until I heard the alarm go off then went back to sleep. That was the end of it, by the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

I hope they learned not to mess with someone THAT much smarter than they are. :-)