Thursday, October 25, 2007

This Photo is Way Unrelated to This Post


_MG_8734, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Tuesday afternoon after work I had a letter from the Mammogram Center telling me that my test was 'abnormal' and I needed to get in contact with my doctor for a follow-up. Of course I got to the mail box 10 minutes after the doctor's office closed so I had a sleepless night.

Yeah, I know. I had an ultrasound right after the mammogram and it was supposedly negative.

But anyway I called the doc in the morning, and his nurse said he'd call me as soon as they pulled the chart. He called me back in 5 minutes which was nice, and amazing. He actually apologized for not calling me before I received the letter. I heart my ob/gyn.

So anyway he explained that the x-ray showed some 'calcification' in my upper right breast, which is usually nothing, but since this was my first mammogram, he couldn't be sure it is nothing. The gist of everything is I will see a general surgeon on Tuesday for a consultation to schedule a biopsy. I don't know it's going to be a big old needle or cutting me open to grope around.

I felt bad Tuesday night and some of Wednesday, but now I feel okay. From everything I have read it's probably nothing.

3 comments:

Helly said...

Ew, scary. I sure hope everything turns out okay.

Anonymous Me said...

That's exactly what my mom went through recently. We were all freaked out, but it was nothing. Sorry you have to deal with it, though, and I hope it's nothing for you, too.

Topcat said...

Thanks, y'all.

Ilu called me yesterday after reading my post to let me know how many times it has happened to her & the biopsies have always been negative. That made me feel better.

-Sandy