Friday, June 22, 2007

Kitteh


Kitteh, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

Now I remember why I bought a kegging system

Brenden decided he didn't want to go to bed so I had to block off the kitchen to set things up to bottle my beer. So Brenden was cranky, I was cranky, Jon was cranky. Finally I was able to get B to sleep and Jon and I worked on getting the beer bottled. I had bought some swing-cap 16 ounce bottles and they came in a sturdy carboard box so after we filled the bottles we put them back in the box.

While Jon was carrying them to the back bathroom (only place that is cool enough plus we don't let Brenden back there), I hear a mighty crash and I run to see the bottles all over the place.The box bottom had not been taped shut. Jon apologized a million times because I was upset, but I was n't at him. I didn't see that the box wasn't shut either so it would have happened to me had I taken them to the back. I lost 6 16 ounce bottles which means I lost about 8 regular bottles worth of beer more or less.

Next batch I keg for sure!

This meme I found on a blog I'm enjoying: Johnny LaRue's Crane Shot and if you know who Johnny LaRue is, love marginal movies/TVs, and are in your early 40's I bet you'll enjoy it too. This is a fairly simple meme:

1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.

I can name 10 off the top of my head:

10) Star Wars IV (Like anyone calls it "A New Hope")
9) Empire Strikes Back
8) Return of the Jedi
7) Raiders of the Lost Ark
6) Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
5) Jurassic Park
4) Terminator
3) Dawn of the Dead (original)
2) Jaws
1) Aliens

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.

See that list for #1.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

Throughout the years only one man has remained a constant: Bill Paxton. Srsly! Even though I haven't watched Big Love yet. I intend to!

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Tom Cruise, though I really don't dislike him any more. Brad Pitt, maybe.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Aliens, duh.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

I used to be able to sing along with Jesus Christ, Superstar

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.

None comes to mind these days.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.

Spider-Man II

9. Name a movie that you own.

Oh, come on!
Rustler's Rhapsody

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Marky Mark. Actually I'm even more impressed with Donnie Wahlberg.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?

I couldn't list them all! I think the last one I saw in a drive-in was The Frighteners.

12. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.

Currently Little Miss Sunshine. Since whenever Bridge over River Kwai

13. Ever walked out of a movie?

Poltergeist III. I only walked in to get out of the sweltering heat and kill some time and this movie was so boring it drove me out.

14. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.

Eesh. I'm always crying. Easy tear leakage, even in a key scene in Spider-Man III this year.

For most tear leaking I'd have to say Grave of the Fireflies.

15. Popcorn?

Well, yar!

16. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?

Ever since Brenden was born maybe only 1 or 2 a year.

17. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?

Spider-Man III.

18. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?

Gangster. No, War. Wait, Science Fiction. Wait, Horror. Nope, Action...

19. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Herbie the Love Bug I think.

20. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Straw Dogs. Plenty has been written about Sam Peckinpah being a misogynist. After watching this movie I'd have to concur. BLAH!

also:

Eraserhead. Not because it was vile but because it was the cinematic equivalent of listening to Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music.

21. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?

That's a good question and I'll have to think on it for a while.

22. What is the scariest movie you've seen?

Dawn of the Dead - It gave me nightmares! Nothing gives me nightmares, but I have had flesh-eating zombie nightmares ever since I saw this classic back when I was 15.

23. What is the funniest movie you've seen?

Krep. Funniest of all time? Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I say so because it still makes me laugh even though I can quote all of it. Currently I'm surprised to admit how much I totally love Dodgeball.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

I'm so sorry you lost all that beer! All that hard work. That really sucks. Better luck next time.