Monday, June 25, 2007

Ni ni!


ni ni, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel sleepy...

The alternate title to this post is We don't call him 'monkey-boy' fer nuthin', because Brenden finally realized he could climb out of his crib Friday night. I don't mean he climbed to the top then fell out - he scaled it like he had been doing it for months. I knew he had the skill set and it was just a matter of time. His new toddler bed is in the back of the mini-van.

Brenden is also sick. I took him to the doc's this morning because he had a little fever Saturday night (no stupid John Travolta jokes there, ok?) and a lot of head congestion. He kept waking up and crying because he kept coughing. He slept with us Saturday and Sunday because it's the only way we got any rest at all. The doc prescribed him a pretty decent cough suppressant/decongestant, which I'll give him tonight so we can all sleep. I hope.

Because of Brenden's new mobility, getting him to bed on Saturday (this is before he woke up and started coughing) was impossible so he stayed up until about 10pm. Jon has a jumper friend who will be headed to Iraq in a few months and is leaving for training this week so we had a party for him at the house Saturday evening. My job was to chase Brenden which was actually easy because all he wanted to do was sit in the hot tub then go play in the pool over and over again (and I'm well aware this might be what made him sick). It was nice to talk to people I haven't seen in a while. About 8 pm B and I retreated to my bedroom and watched The Spongebob Squarepants Movie before we finally tried to go to sleep.

After posting that meme I was wondering if I really do still quote from Aliens. After discussing a disaster with my husband this morning, I said to him "If they total it let's just bug out and call it even". So I guess the answer to that is yep, I still quote.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Sounds like the same bug Anthony that now I've got.

When I saw Brenden climbing up the drawer knobs to his changing table, I figured the crib walls wouldn't contain him much longer. What a little athlete!