Monday, June 04, 2007

Da da na na meow


Pool side, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

A new lesson in Brendenspeak:

Yesterday Brenden told me "Da da na na meow!"

It is important, when translating Brendenspeak to know the context. Brenden and I were outside, next to the hot tub.

"Da Da" translates to "parent person". It is either me, or Jon. This one word doesn't change meaning much with context unlike the other 5-6 words in his vocabulary.

"Na na", derived from "night night", has come to mean "pick me up and place me (x)". Since we always say "night night" to him when we pick him up and place him in his crib, it doesn't take too much to understand where this new definition came from.

"Meow!" Something to drink, or liquid, depending on context. In this case it meant the hot tub.

So to put it all together, Brenden said: "Mom, pick me up and put me in the hot tub!"

We spent an hour splishing around in there. The pool is crystal clear, but too doggone cold right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

That was great. I'm bookingmarking this post.