Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This flower has nothing to do with this post


hisbiscus, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

I had a good time in Michigan. It was nice to be able to relax, unwind, and get tanked without having to chase Brenden about. It was good to see Hector again, as well as his brother Victor and their always cool parents. I will post pictures eventually. I don't know if any of them are worth posting. I blame the beer.

My brother and his hilarious wife Jen were there, as well as mom and Price. I was also happy to see Hector's friend Dave there - counting him, Ed, Hector, and Victor, it was a reunion of my old Dungeons and Dragons group. I definitely hope some of those photos come out! I'll write more later.

I met Victor's fiance, Kim. They're getting married next month! I wish they had spaced it out more because I can't go.

This wedding was the second I've been to where I have seen a Shrek wedding cake topper. It makes sense - Shrek is the most romantic movie to have come out in a long time.

Speaking of movies, I saw Spider-man III Saturday before the wedding. I concur with Nancy: it's a better movie than the critics are giving it credit for. It's not as good as the second movie, and there was way too much jammed in there, but overall I was very happy because Sam Raimi did not forget that the first two movies were about Peter, MJ, and Harry and he brought the story to a satisfying (and open-ended) conclusion.

Brenden did something pretty cute Sunday: he dragged a teddy bear out of his room, put him on the couch laying down with his head on a pillow. Then he pulled a small comforter we keep on the couch over his bear, patted it on the back, and said "ni-ni! Ni-ni!" (night- night).

No comments: