Friday, May 25, 2007

Happy Towel Day!


Happy Towel Day!, originally uploaded by mmuzzy.

It's been a while since I've nattered about my favorite redhead. I'm still quite fond of him but lately I have realized that if I could be any inanimate object I wanted to be it would be Jamie Bamber's towel (hence the title of this post, though it is towel day. Surely you know where your towel is?).

Anyway, Damian Lewis is going to be in a new series on NBC this fall. The bad news is it's a cop show (Life). I predict it will last about 4-5 episodes. I'm thinking the success of Hugh Laurie in House has made hiring Brits to play Americans the fashionable thing to do. Speaking of Mr. Laurie, it took several seasons of House before I finally recognized him as the goofball twit from the many incarnations of Blackadder.

It worked for the aforementioned Laurie and Bamber (though technically Lee Adama's not American - he's Caprican) but failed for Ioan Gruffudd who was in some Lawyer show a few years ago that tanked mightily (Century City, if I recally correctly). I won't mind a cop show if the writing is good.

No comments: