Thursday, May 24, 2007

Birthday Present


Birthday Present, originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.

In response to Alan's comment yesterday:

I will give Hector your congratulations. I should have posted this before, but here is a link to his wedding info.

His brother Victor is doing great, still lives in Atlanta (I think) and has an important lady in his life, too. No word on any impending marriage yet.

What I'm (not) watching:

After poorly marketing it and placing it against the powerhouse of garbage that is American Idol, Veronica Mars is no more. I had to quit watching it after the first 7 eps of this season because my husband likes AI. That royally sucks. I wish Fox or one of the other networks would resurrect it and let it find the audience it deserves. Hell, the USA network has a good track record with detective shows.

Battlestar Galactica is on hiatus until 2008, but it has at least one season left. The show's creator doesn't want it to go on indefinitely, but wants the show to resolve its story then bow out gracefully. I think that's a fantastic idea and something Chris Carter should have understood when the X-Files wound down.

Season 3 of BSG was uneven; the first half was awesome with the humans breaking out of New Capricra and dealing with the aftermath plus finding the next signpost to Earth. the second half deteriorated badly with some horrid episodes. I found out later that the show's writers had to axe a story line and rushed to fill in the episodes and it shows with some awful writing. The season finale kind of and sort of made up for it when Apollo reads the riot act* to the entire fracking fleet during Baltar's trial. I also like the fact that Starbuck *is* alive, and I have no clue whatsoever what is going to happen to the fleet in season 3 (it doesn't look too good).

Lost 's season ended with a bang in its season finale, and like BSG, plans to bow out gracefully by telling its story then leaving the stage (in 3 more seasons). I am officially liking this series again after an uneven start. I could use more footage of Jack beating up Ben next season!

24's season ended with a whimper. I think this show is done for, and it should have ended with season 4. Maybe *next* season the writers will listen to me and understand that they don't need to put the world on the edge of apocalypse to make a show exciting. I doubt they will listen to me though.

So once again it is summer rerun time, also known as the long, dark tea time of the soul. Anybody got any good movie recommendations?

2 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

Yes! Rocky Balboa.

When is your birthday? I know we're in the same month, but I suck with dates. Is that YOUR ginormous tv up there? Damn!

Topcat said...

My birthday is the 17th. I stink w/dates, too. Yar, it's my TV! You can't beat 60" Spongebob!