Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Anticipation and Trepidation


Trunk Bay@St. John, originally uploaded by NNBB_Alf.

I just did a search on my own blog and I am amazed at how many posts about James Bond I have written.

I have nothing else to say about that, I was just amused.

I'm impatient for work to be over. Even though we don't get on the plane until tomorrow, I will really feel like I'm on my way when we head for Atlanta this afternoon. Everything is packed, including the few liquid/aerosol/gels in less than 3 oz. sizes that I'm taking in my carry-on packed in one quart-size ZipLoc baggy (not a gallon-size, not a fold-over or twist-tie). The TSA folks will probably throw mine away because it's a Target knock-off baggie and not a real ZipLoc. Life in the 21st century is so much fun!

I want to get to Hartsfield by 5am local, even though our flight doesn't leave until 8. I'm hoping security won't be as crowded, plus if it is, we'll have plenty of time to go through. It should be an absolute hoot getting through with Brenden in tow. People are always pissed at other people with small children in tow. Now I get to pay for every time I was annoyed by some poor overtired child having a meltdown and their harried stressed-out parents. I bought every little toy and treat with Spongebob on it I could lay my hands on for bribes. We also have our portable DVD with season 4 of SBSP but that's for me too. All the websites with travelling tips say it's a good idea to keep your kid distracted as much as possible. I should go to Wal-Mart and buy 30-40 pairs of ear plugs for the passengers around us. I am worried about Brenden's ears, too - he finishes his antibiotics today, but how can I tell if his ear infection is gone? If it was caused by a virus the antibiotics would have been pointless (although the conjunctivitis cleared up rapidly).

Wow, this worry is stressful. I may need a vacation after all of this.

No comments: