Friday, August 11, 2006

Good Morning


Good Morning
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
oOooOh mY heAd....

Oh, I'm fine. A hell of a lot better than I thought I'd be. It *could* be the Hydrocodone, but it also might be the psychological effect of having the operation over and done with. Plus my head feels 5 pounds lighter.

I can't smell anything yet, but I know that I need to do some healing first. The way the doctor and nurses were talking, I expected to be an invalid for the next week. I really think I could work today except I probably shouldn't be operating any heavy machinery.

This photo is from this morning - as you can see the doc didn't leave any bruising. I get to take a happy pill every 4 hours. They gave me a weeks supply and I sincerely doubt that I will need them that much.

I am also irrigating my nose every 2-4 hours with sterile saline solution. I can't blow my nose but this helps keep it clean. I'm also taking another antibiotic. I hope this one will be able to do its job now that my sinuses can actually drain.

I was also prescribed a suppository, of all things, if I experienced nausea. So far, I'm fine. The only thing that makes me even remotely nauseated is the thought of shoving something up my butt.

I can feel the lastest dose of meds taking effect so I'll stop blogging now. Thank you for the well-wishes! As a reward, there's a picture on flickr that the doc gave me as a souvenier. Don't look at it too closely. If you get nauseated, I have some suppositories I'll send you if you would like.

3 comments:

Anonymous Me said...

That's amazing - I figured you'd be all bruised up like a heroine in a Lifetime movie about domestic violence. (or aren't they all?)Glad to hear it's over and went well. Brenden looks so still in the picture. :-)

Helly said...

Hmpf. I am VERY disappointed in that picture. I had too much 'what in the hell is that?!?' going on to find it interestingly nasty.

But I am glad it's over and that you're home, flying high on some good drugs!

Anonymous said...

I too thought you'd be bruised-looking. So very glad that's behind you and you're 'feelin groovy'.

heh
mikey