Wednesday, February 01, 2006

More Brenden Blatherings


Droopy Pants
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
Hey, it's the beginning of a new month. as far as my weight goes, I am finally past the 150 psychological barrier. I weighed in at 148.4 this morning. Woo-hoo!

My goal for February is around or about 143. Then I won't be too far from my prepregnancy weight of 140.

I looked back in my postings and I had porked out somewhat just before we went on vacation to Costa Rica. So the good news is I'm not too far away from wearing my old clothes, but the bad news is that when I hit 140, I'll still have 10 pounds to go.

Oh, yeah. I was going to blather about Brenden, wasn't I? Very well: 2 nights ago B and I were taking our bath when I realized one of his (many) rubber ducks was listing to port. I realized he must have taken on water (the duck, not B), so I picked it up and squeezed it.

The duck made a rather disgusting noise as water gushed out of the small hole on its bottom. Brenden started giggling. So I filled the duck up and squirted him with it. All of a sudden he was just laughing his little butt off!

Dad heard the commotion and came in and checked in on us. He took command of the duck and squirted both of us for a while as Brenden had the time of his life. It was so cute!

It wasn't so cute last night, when he woke up at 1:30 and refused to go back to sleep. Usually he does, but I could tell by the way he was complaining it wasn't going to be easy. I let him get up after a long 15 minutes of howling and gave him some water. I got tired of him pulling my hair so I put him back in his crib and he stood up and wailed for another good block of time.

I got up again and held him, hoping he had tired himself out. He had, and I let him fall asleep in my lap and put him back in bed without a complaint at about 3am. B, I love you honey but mom has to go to get up at 5! Jon was nice enough to get out of bed at 5:30 to let the howler monkey out of its cage so that I could catch a little extra sleep.

No comments: