Monday, January 30, 2006

Standing up


what
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
I don't know why, but ever since Brenden learned to crawl inch-worm style, his physical development all of a sudden took a quantum leap. I was getting a little worried at the beginning of the year, because he didn't seem to want to learn how to sit up, or to crawl. He seemed happy with just rolling everywhere. I started working with him on sitting him up as did Shayne. He didn't take to it until he started the inch worm. Then all of a sudden: boom! He figured out a real crawl from that point in about 2 weeks, mastered sitting up, and as you can see from this picture, he can pull himself up to a standing position. Holy crap -he's going to be running in a marathon in a few months.

I had a blast watching him over the weekend struggle to stand upright. He'd fight and grunt and sweat like he was climbing Mount Everest and every once in a while I'd see his head peeking over the coffee table. He'd lose his grip, fall or sit, and then bitch about it for a while. I'd make sure he hadn't cracked his head open then leave him alone. Finally he figured it out.

Jon lowered his crib mattress as far as it would go last night. It was a good thing, too because B woke me up this morning and he was standing up in his crib, his eyes just peeking over the railing. He seemed to be saying "bust me outta this joint, lady! I need my formula fix!"

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

Wow, that's amazing! He looks so little to be standing up already! How many months is he? I remember worrying that Anthony never rolled over. He was months behind on the rolling over, but right on target for crawling and walking. He was never a big fan of "tummy time" although now, he always sleeps face down.