Monday, February 06, 2006

Climbing mom's leg


Climbing mom's leg
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
Here's my latest movie review.

Letter to Brenden Month 8

Well my darling little child: I just reread the month 7 letter; at this time last month you weren't even crawling! Just last night you were chasing the cat. He tried to maintain a dignified but hurried walk but after the 3rd time you grabbed his tail he took off running with a huffy "Meow!".

I spent this last week trying to keep you from knocking your brains out of your skull. Most of the time I was successful but every once in a while you'd fall down and go "bonk". I'm impressed by your collection of bumps, bruises, and scratches. And the foam bumper thingies I bought for the coffee table and fireplace have already paid for themselves.

Speaking of the coffee table - last night you stood in front of the table facing your dad and I. We were eating our shrimp fettucini alfredo and occasionally feeding you a small piece of pasta. I swear once we get back from vacation I'm going to start planning meals around things you can eat with us. We'll see how well that goes.

You have also once again decided you don't want to use a binky. You started up again when your two front teeth started to make their move. Now that they are through the gum line you spit it out. I'm almost sorry because giving you a binky at 2 in the morning would usually put you back to sleep. Now I just have to let you sit there and bitch because no one will let you out of your cage. Oy! I'm so tired....

No comments: