Friday, November 04, 2005

King Air


King Air4
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
What is this photo about?

Well it's like this: Jon's business bought a King Air 90 3 years ago. It's a nice little plane: carries up to 13 jumpers to 14,000 feet in about 15 minutes.

Well my husband Jon is posing on the top of another King Air 90 which the business aquired for a song. Trouble is it is at airport A while our business is at airport B which is 30 miles away.

No problem! Fly it over, right? Well he bought it for a song because one of the engines in it is kerplunkt. Here he is getting ready to load it onto a flatbed which will be driven to the business airport which is occuring as I type.

I do believe the ultimate goal is to move an engine from the old airplane and get this new airplane up and running. Despite its dead engine it's in far better shape than the one we're using now.

Why do we jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Because there's no such thing as a perfectly good airplane!

1 comment:

Helly said...

I want my own airplane. I don't want to jump out of it; I just want to keep it in the garage and polish it with a chamois.