Sunday, November 06, 2005

Full Circle


feeding
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
Letter to Brenden: Month 5

Holy crapoly. You're all ready 5 months old! You are maturing so fast it's scary. You can hold your bottle, you laugh and make all kinds of babbling noises, you are trying real hard to learn how to crawl, and you try to take the spoon from me when I'm feeding you. Some times you find your mouth but for now your attempts to put applesauce in your pie hole is a never ending delightful source of humor for me.

I hope you don't mind to discover that I laugh at you: right behind patience the most important virtue any parent absolutely needs to have is a good sense of humor. And even though I'm laughing that you managed to shove oatmeal up your nose, the sound of my laughing makes you laugh and smile, too. We have a lot of fun at meal times.

Your crawling is also a joy to behold, too. Soon you will be able to coordinate your four limbs and actually go faster than 5 inches an hour but for now that's fast enough.

You have hit all the 'milestones' that those stupid books talk about and then some. You are pretty advanced for your age. Hell, you weigh 18 1/2 pounds and are are about 27 inches long - I have seen many children twelve months of age who aren't that big yet.

This begs the question: why the Hell aren't you sleeping through the night yet? It's not a matter of food because you go from Midnight to 8 am without eating anything just fine. Sleep, dammit! Sleep from 8 pm to 4 am and have pity on your poor dad and I!

We love you honey.

No comments: