Friday, November 04, 2005

B and Beer


BandBeer
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
Helpful tip to all new moms: don't get cute and try to feed your kid solids if he's hungry and still getting most of his nourishment from formula/breastmilk.

I tried this and he started crying so hard he stopped breathing and turned a horrible shade of purple!

I got him out of his feeding chair and was thumping him on the back. He finally started wailing. Wailing is good in this case.

I made him a big bottle of formula which he greedily sucked down and I scrapped the rest of his meal.

I then tasted what I had been trying to feed him. The green beans may have tasted like ass, but the squash tastes like 3-week dead monkey ass!

The starchy veggies like carrots and sweet potatoes are fine, but from now on I'm going to cook the green veggies and mash them myself. Do you know what makes green beans palatable? Bacon, that's what! And I'll put a little butter in the broccoli and squash! And once he can handle spinach, we'll see about a dash of rice vinegar.

Oh, and see the pacifier in that photo? Brenden no longer uses one. We didn't make him stop - he just totally lost interest. He would rather chew on just about anything but a pacifier. Fine by me; that's one less habit I have to worry about breaking.

Of course, his classmates might look at him funny if he whips out his monkey and starts chewing away during recess but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he doesn't whip his monkey out in front of everybody and start spanking it!