Monday, November 07, 2005

Brenden at 22 weeks


Brenden with his Lion
Originally uploaded by Sandra Maynard.
I love this picture - click on it to see the larger one.

I forgot to mention that yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of this blog. It started out with my desperate obsession to lose weight. Here I am 35 pounds fatter (and in all fairness one pregancy later) and 2 years older.

I quit exercising but I have started up again. I have adjusted to not being able to do my old routines. I don't have that kind of time any more. Instead I am doing weights 3 times a week. The routines I'm using I can do around taking care of Brenden and take no longer than 30 minutes. If B needs me, I can always get back to it later.

The biggest problem was the cardio routine. I walk twice around a pond at work, which is roughly a two mile walk.

I have decided to try and lose weight at a rate of 5 pounds a month and by doing nothing fancier than not eating so doggone much. And since I am 41 and I've had a kid, I am going to accept the fact that I will never weigh 115 pounds again.

I'm shooting for just below 130, and I hope to just maintain after that. Just for reference: today I weighed 166. Ick.

So if I manage to stick to it, I should reach my goal sometime in June. We'll see. Excuse me, I gotta go walk around a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous Me said...

That's a GREAT picture of Brenden. He really has a beautiful face.

Good luck with the exercising and stuff. I feel your pain. I've let myself gain too much weight over the past two years. Not from the pregnancy itself but from the lifestyle change. It's much harder now to make time for exercise -and I feel like i have so little time to myself and there's so many other things I'd rather be doing with it. Excuses, excuses i know. Maybe you'll inspire me to get back to some kind of exercise routine.