Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Week 35

Hooooo! It's getting close, isn't it? I'm doing better than I thought I would at this stage in the game, but many women have told me it doesn't really get miserable until the baby drops. Yes, he's still hanging onto my ribcage. Dangling by his feet, I might add. I feel obliged to post at least *one* more belly shot before D-Day.

I'm just now starting to see swelling in my feet and my hands - I had to remove my wedding band and I really need to buy some comfy sandal-style shoes. Which means I might want to pay attention to how my feet look. Eek.

While loading and unloading the dishwasher can be excruciating, I am surprised at the things I can do. For instance yesterday I cleaned the pool. Yes, I spent mother's day opening the pool. It's that time of year and I WANNA SWIM, DAMMIT! That would be so relaxing. And I'm not worried about it being too cold because I bet with my pumped-up metabolism it wouldn't bother me. And don't send my any #*$damn links to dangers of pregnancy vs. swimming pools or baths, etc. I will not be paying attention!

Speaking of the pool, despite that Jon trimmed back the tree next to it, some stupid bird made her nest in it again. Lady, you will *never* get your genes passed to another generation if you keep doing that!

We're going to buy a solar blanket for the pool, so I'm hoping if those stupid bird babies flounder in the pool again, I can fish them out before they die. Other than earthworms and bugs nothing too big has tried to commit suicide in the pool yet. I did spot a damn squirrel drinking out of it the other day.

I wish I could let the cats outside while I'm cleaning. I'm not too worried about them running away. As it is now I leave the backyard door open and the screen door closed and both of them lay out on the living room floor positioning themselves strategically in the afternoon sunbeams. I'm sure if I let them outside they would take two steps and fall limply to the patio in the full heat of the sun.

Drowning is a major cause of death to young children. I am going to buy a security fence about the time that Brenden learns to crawl.

Speaking of animals, my brother finally updated his blog with some fun photos of his extended family: Here.

Also: I haven't quit writing reviews. I have just been lazy about posting the links. I will be going on semi-permanent hiatus in about a week while I sort this baby business out. Here's a full list of all the movies I have reviewed. Wow, that's only 28 reviews. Out of all of them, you know which was my favorite? Spongebob Squarepants. Really.

No comments: