Friday, February 25, 2005

Every day Mini-Jon kicks are stronger. He was pretty active when I woke up this morning and Jon got a good feel of his movements. Now I'm amusing myself by trying to actually see my belly poke up when he moves but so far I haven't seen anything.

I had my first pregnancy-induced moment of clumsiness yesterday. I slipped on a comforter and came down flat on my ass. Fortunately there was a futon between me and the floor otherwise that would have hurt a bunch. I was just scared.

I'm sleeping well and adjusting to sleeping on my side. Sometimes my hips ache but it's nothing serious. Yet. I had an omigod moment this morning when I realized it's almost the end of February and March/April/May are the last 3 full months of my pregnancy. Yikes!

Unfortunately my ramblings are probably going to be more and more centered on my pregnancy. It seems to be an obsession shared by all pregnant women - and considering my body is a perambulating baby machine right now, I can see why.

I do have one non pregnancy related thing to share: The death of a hero. I linked to a blog because the news link was to the New York Times, which requires registration. Bleah!

Courtesy of my brother, who needs to update his blog:

An Asian was trying to exchange yen for dollars at a US bank ...

He says to the clerk, "Yestoday I get two hunat dollah fo yen, today I get one hunat eighty, why it change?"

Clerk shrugs and says, "Fluctuations."

Asian guy fires back, "Fluc you white guys too!"

1 comment:

Oh great One said...

That's a funny joke! I'll have to remember it!

I slept on my stomach alot before I got pregnant. It was difficult to stop. I kept thinking that if I could only dig out a hole for my belly all would be fine...