Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Week 25

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. Jon and I went to our first counseling session and I was too nervous to write. I won't go into detail about the session except to say I think it went well. Jon likes the counselor, too, so we'll be going back to her.

I will tell you about one thing that made me smile: the counselor asked me if we knew about the Myers-Briggs Personality types. I smiled, nodded, and said "INTP". She described herself as "%100 I" and so am I. Jon had never heard of the types so she gave him a brief rundown. Jon hasn't taken any tests, but I'd bet money he's an ENFP. Anyways, she explained some things to Jon about being an introvert, putting it into words like I've never been able to do, and suggested to me to read a book The Introvert Advantage, which she recommended for learning how to handle living in an extrovert world better.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I'm doing just fine, baby is doing just fine. We're both growing - that's just about it. I'm still not tired of feeling him move. We may have decided on a name - Brendan - but we still have maybe 3 months+ before having to commit. I'll still refer to him as Mini-Jon for now.

Next week I actually have NO doctor's appointments. That's a switch. I have an ultrasound and a routine test for diabetes the week following.

I like Nancy's pantryblogging. Too bad I don't have a damn pantry. Boo! I keep meaning to buy some shelving to put in the laundry room to use as one.

2 comments:

Helly said...

At first I read that as "Nancy's pantyblogging". But no, that's a different sort of website ENTIRELY.

Anonymous Me said...

Hmmm, there's a money-making idea. I like the name Brendan. Jon: ESFP? Seems more the daring and charming SP than super-sensitive NF (me). Extroverts and intraverts have such different needs - I'm enough more extroverted than Mark that I've had to really be careful interpreting his behavior.