Thursday, January 13, 2005

I had a completely different experience yesterday: Jon was sick! He never gets sick! I realize he doesn't have my years of experience w/ medications, but I consider it amazing that he woke up at all. He had congestion and he wanted to sleep well so he took Nyquil after several beers.

So yesterday he felt like poop w/ headache, upset stomach and a temperature of around 101. I decided not to call him a dumbass but I told him to let me know if there was anything I could bring him. He asked me to bring him some ice cream after work.

I bought him some moose tracks and there he was, all wrapped up on the couch looking miserable. I put the ice cream away and started cleaning up the kitchen. All of a sudden a petulant cry of "Ice Cream!!!" came from the living room. So instead of saying "hold your horses, dumbass!" I brought him a bowl. This does not bode well for the future, when I'm going to have 2 of them in the house.

His fever broke and he feels much better today.

So now that I know my baby isn't a genetic mutant resembling something from It's Alive!, I'm starting to spend way too much time daydreaming about raising him. Sometimes I have the belltower scenario in mind (See Parenthood) and other times it's the Magna Cum Laude scenario (See the same). I'm trying to be realistic but it's tough to be when it's something you have never experienced before.

The next milestone will be the 20 week ultrasound (on the 24th of this month) and after that I will be waiting for that point where the fetus will be mostly viable outside the womb. I can't remember what it is: 34 weeks? I'll have to look. It's amazing how much more cheerful I feel. I know the amnio does not guarantee the baby will be %100 perfect, but it has put my mind at ease.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a better woman than I am... could not have two babies in the house... what am I saying!!! I have 11!!!

your sis