Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Yesterday was Martin Luther King Jr's birthday; also known by me as the "Shut up or I'll Kill You" Memorial Holiday. Disagreeing with someone is one thing; calling him or her a "poopyhead" or worse is one thing; killing them to shut them up is in a class of evil all by itself. Every MLK day we should congratulate people who don't listen to bullies and thugs, especially when the price is their life.

So this year's "Shut up or I'll Kill You" Defiance award goes to all the brave Iraqi people who are going to vote despite the assholes who are terrorizing them. I hope everything works out for them and their country.

The latest victims of this practice would seem to be the Coptic Christians who were murdered in New Jersey. Islamists are strongly suspected. Check out the job the murderers did on the 8-year-old girl.

On to far less important things:

Week 19:
I am feeling great! Thank you. My worst symptom at the moment is I'm breaking out on my face and neck. I'll take this problem any day over athsma. As you can see by my sickeningly sweet counter, I am 2 days away from being halfway there. Hooray!

Jon bought a knock-off mattress topper that's supposed to be like those Tempa-pedic things a while back. We took it off the bed when we both decided it was *too* soft. We put it back recently and I found it to be quite comfortable. Jon couldn't get used to it so our compromise was to fold it in half and I sleep on it. I was sleeping quite well last night in all that squishy goodness.

I slept a lot on Monday and I had a bunch of dreams. I will give my subconcious a few points for effort for some of my dreams; I dreamt I was on a long road trip from Missouri to Georgia and I remember stopping about halfway through the trip. The points go for a stab at subtle symbolism; halfway there - I get it subconcious. The Missouri reference was a nice touch (I was born there). Georgia I can only imagine was because I lived there for a long while.

Then with no sublety whatsoever, I had a dream I was swimming in the Caribbean sea. Usually when I have these dreams I can swim underwater like a fish. I could breathe underwater in this one but I had a hard time kicking my legs. I don't think this was symbolic in any manner: when I woke up there was a big-assed kitty sleeping on my legs. I miss the Caribbean.

Speaking of, Ed and Jenn are toying with the idea of Honeymooning in St. Thomas. Personally I think they should vacation in St. John, but anywhere in the Virgin Islands is going to rock. Take me with you!!! Actually since they are going in late May that might not be such a good idea.

No comments: